Public pension plan sponsors deal with a number of compliance issues in administering and communicating their plans. Join Tom Vicente FSA, EA, Senior Consulting Actuary, as he highlights several areas we are asked about most frequently regarding DROP plans and purchase of service rules. We’ll also talk about the recently enacted Low Default Risk Obligation Measure (LDROM) disclosure requirements.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of:
- Administrative issues, pitfalls and potential solutions to administering DROP features within their pension plan
- Items to consider before implementing or changing an existing DROP feature
- Considerations before allowing a purchase of service feature within their pension plan
- Common questions and issues that arise with service purchase programs
- The new Low Default Risk Obligation Measure (LDROM) disclosure requirement – what they are and what they aren’t
For a more in-depth discussion regarding Compliance and Legislative Updates, join us for our May 10th seminar in Hanover, MD!
Zoom | Thursday, April 20, 2023 | 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Tom Vicente, FSA, EA, MAAA
Senior Consulting Actuary
Tom Vicente is a Senior Consulting Actuary. Tom has over 30 years of experience delivering comprehensive employee benefit plan and consulting, actuarial and plan administration services to a wide variety of plan sponsors, including governmental entities, not-for-profit organizations, church plans, higher education organizations, and privately held companies. He is an innovative consulting leader focused on providing new solutions leading to better outcomes for employers and plan participants. Tom is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, an Enrolled Actuary and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.